Ankleshwar - Leap of Faith

I should embark on this journey with an open heart and mind. Will I be strong enough for the physical side of the journey and uninhibited enough to relax and enjoy something new? I am going somewhere really different, but I take along the same me. Maybe I will be smarter, thinner, softer, harder, and more alive.

Friday, June 18, 2010

From Point A to Point B and back

I am thinking about the trip -- here is how it goes:

1. Fly from "Home Town" to Newark, New Jersey -- not taking the latest afternoon flight because has only a 1 hour connection time and with all the evening pop-up showers we are having, I would hate to miss my next flight

2. Fly from Newark (pronounced Nerk) to Mumbai -- about 17 hours in the plane

3. I have been told that in Mumbai I am to take a taxi to the Airport Hyatt. I am to pay for the taxi inside the airport, get and ID number, go outside and find the taxi with the correct ID number. I was told that other taxi drivers will try to take my luggage out of my hand and put me in a taxi, but to stop and make them show me -- the number. This will all happen at 10:00 pm, sounds a little scary to me

4. Shower and sleep for two - three hours at the Hyatt

5. Taxi back to the Domestic terminal at Mumbai and take a 5:30 AM flight to Vadodara.

6. At Valdadara, a car will meet me with a driver arranged by my company. I don't know how long the car drive is, it probably won't matter.


The return trip is similar with one additional problem. The morning flight from Vadodara leaves at 10:00 am arriving at Mumbai at 11:30 am. I leave Mumbai for Nerk at 10:30 pm. Lots-o-time in the airport.

When I reach "home town" I will probably weep for joy.

So I think those pink colored leg sleeves are going to come in handy on the 17 flights.

No comments:

Post a Comment