Ankleshwar - Leap of Faith

I should embark on this journey with an open heart and mind. Will I be strong enough for the physical side of the journey and uninhibited enough to relax and enjoy something new? I am going somewhere really different, but I take along the same me. Maybe I will be smarter, thinner, softer, harder, and more alive.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

84 kilometers = 52.1951801 miles

It is a week until time to leave.

I am getting really excited. This is going to be very interesting and a challenge. I am hoping that by writing this blog I will stay positively focused and that the comments I get back from my blog readers will be encouraging. It will be like getting little "letters" from friends and family.

I will not ever be mentioning my company name or my own name in this blog. That way I can be ssure that I do not make any unintended connections to work. So, I need a pen name, I wonder what that should be -- I am open to suggestion on that on...

I had some ignorance about blogs, and blogging. I didn't know that the first entries I wrote would reside at the end of the blog and the newest entry would be the first thing you read. Now that makes sense, but compared to a book, it seems a little out of sync. I have found my camera and my flip recorder. I will practice attachning a pictureor two to this blog before I leave.

I received word from work colleagues in India that someone will be waiting for me in Vadodara at 6:30 on the Saturday morning that I arrive. They will take me the 84 kilometers miles to the guest cottage where I will be staying the first 1 1/2 week. I say, bless your heart for getting up so early on a Saturday morning. I hear that everyone works Saturdays in India, so the heart blessing may be back on me pretty soon.

The second 1 1/2 week I will stay in the new hotel in town. I am trying both lodging offerings to see which one work the best for me.

3 comments:

  1. I say Marshall for a pin name. The husband says Indie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn rhymes with pen..You are penning a tome of your trip..the youngests in the family ROCK..Enjoy the ups and downs of the journey. PKK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotels in India have gray, thin, slick yucky towels. take a small one with you and expect hotel employees to sleep in the kitchen all night if you go down to get tea in the middle of the night you may find this..oh joy..gulp..PKK

    ReplyDelete