Ankleshwar - Leap of Faith

I should embark on this journey with an open heart and mind. Will I be strong enough for the physical side of the journey and uninhibited enough to relax and enjoy something new? I am going somewhere really different, but I take along the same me. Maybe I will be smarter, thinner, softer, harder, and more alive.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dinner of Peanut M&M ‘s

Yesterday was my first day at work and I truly enjoyed every person that I met. They are smart, articulate and will be excellent to work with for this project. When I started working with them I began to relax and feel more comfortable. Business is business everywhere around the world. But that is enough talking about work.

The ride to work was something on the order of “Crazy Taxi” as we hurled through the streets, potholes and traffic. No people died, no cows died, but I don’t know why.
In front of one store front was a long row of parked scooters and small motorbikes -- all parked in a neat row – except right in the middle of the row was a cow, laying down on the ground, pretending to be another scooter. I laughed out loud.
Children in their uniforms carrying rectangular satchels, larger than the upper part of their body were all moving in the same direction towards school. The school color must be red, they all have on red their pants and jumpers. Teenage school girls are wearing mint green long jumpers slit up the side over pants. They are smiling and laughing on the way home from school, they have back packs.

Tonight I say good-bye to the Guest House and move to the Hotel. The Hotel has Internet service and hopefully a softer bed. I am not sleeping because the bed is extremely hard.
I cannot eat any more spicy, turmeric, yellow food tonight, so I will dine on peanut M&M’s.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like very good working enviroment. Now just need to get more comfy away from work enviroment. jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. peanuts are protein, chocolate is a dairy, the colors are mock-veggies....good balance!
    T~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of dinner! hahah. Next time, maybe you should pack some Tums. Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete