Ankleshwar - Leap of Faith

I should embark on this journey with an open heart and mind. Will I be strong enough for the physical side of the journey and uninhibited enough to relax and enjoy something new? I am going somewhere really different, but I take along the same me. Maybe I will be smarter, thinner, softer, harder, and more alive.

Friday, May 21, 2010

My first journal entry

My arm is still sore from the vaccine shot I had yesterday.

I talked to a colleague on the phone who gave me pointers about my trip, she has been there. Take your own pillowcase and a top sheet. Each night put them on your bed so it will smell like home. Every day fold them up and seal in a zip bag so they will not take on the smell of the bed and the room. Everyday you will get a new bottle of water in the hotel, whether you drink the previous day's water or not. If I am there for three weeks I can have 21 bottles of water on my bedside table. The shower floor is marble and very slick , be careful, and if the crackers in the room are beyond the expiration date, call and they will bring you new ones. All important things to know.

The barking deer, mostly lives in solitude and is only very rarely seen. Sloth bears do not hibernate; they make their day beds out of broken branches in trees. I am afraid of all things monkey.

I wonder when will first see you, Rhesus Monkey? I will mark the date.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Sis, I found you on my own..At least in India no burka or headscarf or driver, a family member is needed..In S.Arabia. women now give strange men their breast milk so they can be honorary family members and drive them..weird enough?? Saris at least have a lot of pleats to let out if you eat too many puris and chutney..Only the matching blouses don't let out..Oh no..Always wear shoes and shower shoes/sandals..mchaubal2gmail.com Patti

    ReplyDelete