Ankleshwar - Leap of Faith

I should embark on this journey with an open heart and mind. Will I be strong enough for the physical side of the journey and uninhibited enough to relax and enjoy something new? I am going somewhere really different, but I take along the same me. Maybe I will be smarter, thinner, softer, harder, and more alive.

Monday, May 24, 2010

All ahead -- STOP

I booked my flight and awaited approval from management for the travel expense. Time ran out waiting, and now my plane ticket is lost. This could be a circular series of events.

My stomach has been terribly upset ever since I had the vaccine shot (Hep A and Hep B). I don't know if it is the vaccine or nervousness about the journey that makes my tummy rumble.

Or it could be anger. I got mad at the Doctor, who is Indian, but has never been to India. He was so wrapped up in how I was to pay for all the vaccines that the whole office visit dissolved in to confusion and animosity. In the end, he was to write prescriptions for me and and I was to come back for another visit. Neither of these things have happened.

This can not be a good start for the trip. One dose of one vaccine, no doctor, no ticket.

The shots:
  • Hepatitis A/B Dose 1 --- complete
  • Hepatitis A/B Dose 2
  • Hepatitis B Dose 3
  • Pneumococcal Pneumonia
  • Japanese Encephalitis
  • Polio Booster
  • Diphtheria/Pertussis/Tetanus

The pills:

  • Malaria

No comments:

Post a Comment