Ankleshwar - Leap of Faith

I should embark on this journey with an open heart and mind. Will I be strong enough for the physical side of the journey and uninhibited enough to relax and enjoy something new? I am going somewhere really different, but I take along the same me. Maybe I will be smarter, thinner, softer, harder, and more alive.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Trip Number Two - The Rainy Season



The world has turned to mud and puddles. It is raining every day, sometimes very hard. One night we had a lightning and thunder show that was like the end of the world;I was told it was a very unusual for here.

My time at home, even though it was a little over three weeks went by so quickly. I prepared for this trip, packing additional creature comforts. Since I had so much trouble with the food on the last trip I brought a lot of food, 20 lbs. of food, I weighed it! I also brought a pad that is used under sleeping bags for sleeping on the ground. I have installed it on the bed here in the hotel and it has improved the bed a whole lot.

This has been a long trip, four weeks, and has been all work and no play. I have not had the opportunity to visit any interesting places on the weekend. It really has been raining so much that getting out and about on the weekend would not really be very much fun.

Everyone at work and at the hotel has been taking very good care of me, each day getting steamed vegetables brought in for my lunch and taking extra care in the hotel to make my stay pleasant. My colleague says that taking care of visitors comes naturally, that people here believe in "Atithi Devo Bhava", which is from the Sanskrit meaning, the guest is your Deity. It certainly has made this long stay more better, and I very much appreciated the kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment